- Power washing – the first step to every paint job. This is to remove any loose dirt, peeling paint, mold, & anything else that may affect the adhesion of the paint coating.
- Scraping – we scrape any remaining loose paint that power washing didn’t take care of.
- Wood repairs – we recommend replacing any dry rot or severely damaged wood (we break this cost out as a separate item on the bids).
- Caulking is primarily used for cosmetics. It can help to keep bugs out & to weatherize older homes, but it’s main function is to make the paint job look better. We normally caulk all wood door & window trim, sometimes more, sometimes less. It depends on the home and what our clients want.
- Masking – Protecting your property is very important. We completely cover all of the windows, brick, concrete, shrubs, & anything that is not going to be painted.
- Paint Application – We apply all coatings to the manufacturers recommendations. Any rough surfaces such as stucco, T1-11 siding, or rough cedar siding are always back rolled. This helps to push the paint into all of the cracks & crevices to provide a uniform appearance. We then brush & roll all of the trim.
- Best of the Best Product Offerings – we use the best product lines available from the top two manufacturers, Sherwin-Williams (Duration) or PPG (Timeless). Both come with a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturers. We have other product lines available to accommodate a limited budget.
Full Service Exterior Painting
- Deck staining
- Concrete staining & sealing
- Wood replacement
- Dry rot repairs
KEYS TO A QUALITY PAINT JOB:
Proper Preparation & Application
Before we begin
Our project manager, Brandon Glasgow, will contact you to schedule your project, get your color selections, review our processes with you, and answer any questions you may have. You should cut any shrubs or trees back away from any surfaces that are to be painted & move furniture away from the house.
During the project
We strive for a 5 star rating on every project and it all starts with good a communication system. The job site foreman will inspect the job with you the first day of the project to review the scope of work, color selections, and go over any specific concerns you may have. He will also give you a daily schedule & completion date. Any questions or concerns during the project can be relayed to the foreman or project manager.
Your foreman will ask you to meet him for a final walk through at the end of the project to be sure we have earned our 5 star rating and collect the final payment.
If at any time after completion you have any problems or questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We sincerely want 100% satisfaction from all of our clients. We always leave touch up paint for you to use for normal maintenance. Please store this indoor & off of the floor. We recommend that you keep your home clean by washing no less than once per year. A garden hose with a pressure nozzle works just fine, or you may contact us to wash it for you. You should also inspect your home twice a year for potential problems: mold, dry rot, etc.
Your 10 year warranty covers any blistering or peeling. It does not cover things that are out of our control such as structural defects, substrate deterioration, previous coating failures, or cracked caulking. Decks, concrete finishes, patio covers, & fencing are excluded. Again, we strive for a 5 star rating & this includes long after we are gone. If we did something wrong we fix it, no questions asked. You must notify us within 6 months of any problems for us to warranty our work. Small problems can turn into big ones if not corrected in a timely manner.